Monday, March 17, 2014

Dangerous Dream (Dangerous Creatures 0.5) by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

Dangerous Dream

So the good - for die hard Caster Chronicles fans, a story is a story.  You hate to wait for the next book.  This book was meant to fill that void.  If you needed a tease of the new spin-off (Dangerous Creatures) you're probably glad that this came out first and you'll enjoy it.

The bad - it's a short novella.  A totally unnecessary one.  While it does give you a hint of what is in store for Link and Ridley (they take over Lena and Ethan as the main characters) it's really bland for the series and characters it is a part of.

This is the type of short story that many authors/publishers would give away as a freebie teaser.  They're obviously well within their rights to charge for such a thing but the description I'd read for it basically told me all I needed to know in about 4 sentences.

For die hard fans, it's a nice addition.  For folk like me who like the series but aren't going to wait in line for the books?  It won't matter one bit if you read this story or not.


* Disclaimer: I received this book at no cost in order to review it. I offered no guarantee of a positive review, though I only request books I think I'll like because why read a book you think you’ll hate?